Mini Report: AutoStore vs. Ocado Group, Warehouse Automation Patent Litigation
On Oct 1st in 2020, AutoStore filed a patent infringement claim against Ocado Group PLC. Three years later, on Jun 22nd, Ocado announced the two companies had settled all claims involved in the dispute.
Despite (or as a part of) the ongoing litigation, in Oct 2021, AutoStore IPOs and in 2022 Ocado host their Re:Imagined event talking about its future bot designs.
This report analyse potential motivations, the background of the relationship between AutoStore and Ocado Group and analyse strategies of the two companies that led to the final outcome of the settlement.
NOTE THAT THIS REPORT IS NOT INVESTMENT ADVICE AND MAY INCLUDE HYPOTHESES AND SUBJECTIVE VIEWS.
This report is based on STIQ Ltd continued insights into the sector, desk research and interviews with PE investors, Patent Litigation Specialists/Law Firms, and Equity Analysts.
Companies mentioned in this report: Alert Innovation, AutoStore, Ocado Group, Ocado Solutions, Ocado Technology, Ocado Innovation
THIS REPORT IS A FREE DOWNLOAD COURTESY OF GRIDSTORE
Other free market reports from STIQ you may be interested in:
- 2023 eGrocery Infrastructure report
- Online grocery order fulfilment technologies, in-store technologies for inventory accuracy, hybrid manual/automated fulfilment solutions
- 2023 Goods to Person Solutions report
- Warehouse automation technologies for General Merchandise fulfilment
- 2023 Sortation Equipment report
- Sortation is a key process in warehouses. This report focus on parcel and unit/item sortation
- 2022 Autonomous Delivery Vehicles report
- Focus on Micro, Last and Middle Mile autonomous logistics & autonomous delivery vehicles and robots