Market Report: Immersive Retail (AR in retail) 2019
THIS IS A PRE-ORDER PAGE FOR "IMMERSIVE RETAIL"
Pre-order to receive an automatic notification email when the final report is uploaded in the end of August, 2019.
You may also stay up to date with our publications by signing up to our email newsletters (powered by Mailchimp).
STIQ has now (July 2019) interviewed 30+ companies in the nascent Immersive Retail niche.
Key findings include:
- Since 2017, four retailers (L'Oreal, Nike, Ulta Beauty and Williams Sonoma) have acquired three AR companies (Modiface, Invertex, GlamST and Outward).
- Furniture retailers such as Wayfair and IKEA are building 3D and AR capabilities fast in anticipation for WebXR releases by mainly Apple & Google
- Rumours re Google & Facebook pushing 3D & AR advertising to be released in 2020 (or earlier)
- Relatively small ticket sizes (VC investments) possibly as a result of early hype following the release of Microsoft Kinetic in 2011
- Cheaper software and hardware to capture and manage 3D, 360 and AR content has spawned a cottage industry with hundreds of smaller companies creating content and possibly developing software
- Content has been a huge barrier but, costs have declined and marketplaces (or aggregators) have entered the market increasing the attractiveness for larger companies to 3D digitise catalogues
- Plenty of retailers are still struggling with getting the basics right which has menat many of the larger integrators have not been ready to talk to STIQ about any major AR initiatives
- AR/Immersive Retail appears driven by internal IT teams positively encouraged by positive business cases (STIQ has heard of up to 11X conversion rate improvements in furniture retail)
- Immersive Retail is not equally distributed among all retail segments. Top users include Beauty & Cosmetics, Furniture & Furnishings and Accessories & Shoes.
- This report provides readers with an overview of the Immersive Retail (AR content delivered on smartphones, tablets and in-store screens) market dynamics, segments, competitors and quick insights on trends in each of the sub-niche's.
Immersive Retail Report content:
Report format: PDF File
Software vendors profiled: 85
Interviews: 60+ [20+ with software vendors]
Publication date: August 30th, 2019
The responsible analyst for this report is